Please share this scam alert with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
This is a typical “next-of-kin” scam message, where the scammer claims to have access to an huge abandoned bank account, and if you’ll just pose as a relative of the deceased millionaire, you can have a cut of the proceeds. You wouldn’t think people still fall for these scams, but they obviously do or the scammers would not keep sending them.
Subject: PLS CAN YOU ASSIST?
From: Kwaa email@example.com
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016
I am Mohamad I Kwame, former manager with (Atlantic Bank Group Togo) presently the current Manager at the UBA Bank Capital (Europe) Ltd. I need a reliable and honest person to handle a very confidential transaction, which involves transfer of a huge sum of money to a foreign account.
A foreigner (LATE ENGR NAZIR ZOHOOR) oil Merchant /contractor with some companies in TOGO, before his death some years ago in a ghastly author crash deposited with Atlantic Bank Group Togo a closing balance of USD$10.2M: which, I successfully moved the money in a security vault Safe Keeping with UBA LONDON with instruction that it MUST be Delivered to the BENEFICIARY [YOU]. Furthermore I personally moved the money to UBA BANK LONDON when I was called to become the manager. However the bank expects the money to be claimed by the beneficiary as instructed.
Though valuable efforts were been made to get in touch with any of late Engr’s relative or next of kin, though (he did not make any person known to me) or the Bank. Now the board of directors is making arrangement for the fund to be declared “UNCLIAMABLE” and then subsequently becomes Bank’s money. In order to avert this negative development, that is why, I seek for your permission to PRESENT YOU as the through next of kin so that the fund, USD$10.2M, would subsequently paid into your bank account as the beneficiary next of kin.
All documents and proves to enable you get this fund have been carefully worked out and I am assuring you 100% risk free involvement. Your share would be 30% of the total amount. While the rest 70% would be for me which I can invest in your country. Kindly get back to me immediately via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) for relevant details.
Mohamad I Kwame,
UBA Capital (Europe) Ltd
Here at the Scam Hunter website (scamhunter.org) we document scam messages like the one above in order to help people around the world stay safe online. Please share our scam alerts with your friends and coworkers today.